BridgeClimb Sydney has developed a customised excursion product for Stage 4/Year 7 – 8 Science students, centred on the topic areas of: Forces, Expansion/Contraction and Corrosion as per the Physical World & Chemical World strands in the curriculum (Outcomes: PW1, PW2, CW1 & CW4).
The Sydney Harbour Bridge presents a unique and real life case study of these topic areas. The experience to science students has been developed in collaboration with industry and engineering professionals to ensure that the practical case study aligns directly with the curriculum.
The excursion option provides students with a comprehensive theoretical and practical real-life case study, covering the below subject matters:
- What is a Force? What is Expansion/Contraction? What is Corrosion?
- How is the Sydney Harbour Bridge affected by Forces, Expansion/Contraction and Corrosion?
- What does BridgeClimb Sydney and the Roads and Maritime Service (RMS) do to control these factors?
Have a sneak peek at some of the content covered in this special Climb:
This unique Climb includes:
- Guided Climb on the Sydney Harbour Bridge with a professional Climb Leader using customised commentary focusing on the subject areas
- Guest speakers from BridgeClimb and Bridge engineers in person and via video
- Brief and debrief sessions in the BridgeClimb Cinema – students are able to ask specific questions related to the subject areas of a maintenance worker on the Bridge
- Post Climb – Student booklet and quiz covering the key learning’s from the climb
- Teachers resource kit outlining key leanings and history of the Sydney Harbour Bridge
Our Climb times vary between 1.5 – 3.5 hours depending on the route chosen, You can find more information here. These times do not include the pre and post enhancements outlined above. These sessions are designed for groups of 10 or more.